This warm and welcoming home, providing quality Bed and Breakfast is 14 miles from Edinburgh Airport, and is located on the Fife Coastal Path, and in close proximity to the ‘Blue Flag Award’ sandy beach.
Burntisland has excellent road and rail links for visiting Edinburgh, The Festival and the Tattoo within 35mins.
St Andrews and many other qualifying Golf Courses are within easy reach from Gruinard.
Perth, Crieff, Gleneagles, Dundee, Culross, Dunfermline Crail, Stirling, Linlithgow and Roslyn Chapel are all within a 30 mile radius from this delightful cottage.
Jean & Angus are happy to help plan your day excursions and forward journeys with their wealth of knowledge especially of the scenic countryside in Scotland.
Free maps of Edinburgh city centre are available along with train timetables for a stress free trip to the capital.
- Edinburgh. Our capital city has one of the most dramatic settings in the world, with the medieval old town and its classical Georgian new town.
- St. Andrews. Home of Golf and Scotlands first University, also has lovely big sandy beaches.
- Inchcolm Abbey, Iona of the East, Abbey dating back to 1235. Boat Trips can be arranged from South Queensferry. Current brochure / timetable available.
- Dunfermline, Ancient Capital of Scotland for over 500 years with Abbey and Palace.
- Falkland Palace, favourite hunting lodge of the Stuart Kings and Mary Queen of Scots.
- Culross, 17th Century Village owned by The National Trust for Scotland.
- Roslyn Chapel, as featured in the Dan Brown novels.
- Crail, Anstruther and East Neuk of Fife, picturesque fishing villages and Fisheries Museum.
- Linlithgow Palace, former residence of Scottish Kings and Queens.
- Crieff, home of the famous ‘Grouse Whisky’ visit the distillery and visitors' centre.
- Golf, 40 golf courses in Fife , from Links , Parkland and Heathland ranging in standard up to championship courses. Bookings and more details can be made through us.
- Burntisland Golf Club offers day visitors the chance to play on a good quality links course with stunning views of the River and Edinburgh.
- Coastal Path. Many of our visitors are now walking part or all of the 80 mile East Fife coastal path where seals and sea birds are in abundance. If you wish to stay 2 nights or more we are happy to offer a pick up and drop off service within a 20 mile distance of Gruinard. This would enable you to walk shorter sections between accommodation providers. Please contact for more information.
- Motor Sport available at Scotlands only motor racing circuit ‘Knockhill’
- Boat trips from Queensferry out to Inchcolm Island and Abbey
- Kite surf, wind surf off our local Pettycur beach. These sports are very popular here.
- Sailing In Fife, Sailing clubs at Burntisland, Aberdour, Kinghorn and Dalgety Bay.
- Canoing and Kayaking in the river Forth
- The Bunker Dive Centre, located in Burntisland offers full PADI diving courses and training.
- The Secret Bunker, hidden for 40years 100ft under a East Neuk farmhouse.
- Deep Sea World. Award winning Sea Life Centre.
- British Golf museum in St Andrews
- Fisheries Museum in Anstruther
- Archery and Clay pigeon shooting at Cluny Clays.
- Register House in Edinburgh for all those interested in researching Genealogy.